I can see that last time I posted on this site was in October.
Now we are almost in October again, just one year later.
I really need to get better at this posting stuff thing. I guess time just flies when you are having fun and being busy with kids, a husband, animals and a new house. Which is not so new anymore.
Anyway the fig season is coming to an end and I thought I’d better hurry up getting the last figs before the birds will.
So today I decided to make this delicious healthy fig bread with pecan nuts and dates.
This loaf will also be yummy for the kids to bring to school tomorrow.
3 table spoons of maple syrup
2 table spoons of melted coconut oil
1/4 non dairy milk
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of flour
5 ripe figs mashed (cut green top and bottom off)
3 pitted dates finely chopped
1/2 cup of pecan nuts – chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF
2. In a bowl add the eggs and whisk till fluffy.
3. Add coconut oil, maple sirup, vanilla, mashed figs, dates and mix.
4. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and mix.
5. Then add the non dairy milk and mix well before gently turning the nuts into the mixture.
6. Pour the dough into a loaf tin that is lined with baking paper and bake for 30-35 minutes. Or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
Leave a Reply